Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Summer Classes for Gifted Children

I love my job at Summer Wonders! I teach Lego Robotics to children from first through eighth grade. Not all of them are in the same room at the same time, thankfully. The quote of the day was from a second grade girl who was frustrated with the "little kids" at the allergy table. She said, "The trouble with this community is that we are too diverse." She then tried to explain that people with different allergies all eat at the same table, so someone with dairy allergy could sit next to a peanut allergy and they could bring the food the other was allergic to. Of course, the Center for Gifted in Glenview makes sure no one brings any of those things. The people who run this program are incredibly talented and caring. I have been grateful to be a part of it.

I have to say, however, that I was a bit surprised at the perception of this second grader.

No comments: