Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Two Excellent Resources for More Information on Poverty

I attend church most Sundays, so I wasn't aware that WNYC has a series on poverty. I listened today and was amazed. They investigated some of the myths surrounding poverty. Here is their web site if you'd like to catch up with the series. I'll be binge listening today as I recover from a sleep study last night. For my deaf friends, there is a manuscript under each video.

There is also an article on Mother Jones called, "What If Everything You Knew About Poverty Was Wrong?" I recommend both of these. They appear to be based on actual experiences with neighborhoods and people in poverty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Add this to your list of programs from WNYC:

http://www.wnyc.org/story/on-the-media-2016-10-07