Search This Blog

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lego Robotics I & II

Monday was the first day of Lego Robotics I and II. I am trying a new rubric this year. In the past, I have evaluated each student on creativity, concept acquisition, cooperation, and tolerance for frustration. This year, I intend to focus on cooperative learning behaviors. Let's see if having a rubric shapes behavior. The new behaviors I am looking for are: listening, openness to others’ ideas, contribution, and leadership. So far (Thursday), most of the students are doing fine. There are a few kids who just don't want to share. I had to physically take the machine away from one student and give it to another. Our problem is compounded by the high number of students in each class, due to site limitations. I will go over the rubric again tomorrow and see if the kids understand it.

No comments: